These little guys are really yummy and are a good little treat for someone with diabetes.
They do have carbohydrates so they are not completely diabetic friendly, but they are much better than if they were made with sugar. I made these for my grandfather last Christmas and there were enough truffles to last him for a good two weeks. He really enjoyed them so I am stoked to make them again this year.
INGREDIENTS:Sugar Free Chocolate Cake Mix (and all required ingredients)
1 Container of Sugar Free Chocolate Frosting
1 Cup of Peanut Butter
1. Bake the cake as directed on the box.
2. Remove the cake from the pan and allow to cool for 30 minutes to an hour.
3. Once the cake is fully cooled use your hands to break it into teeny tiny pieces a little bit larger than a grain of sand.
4. Add the Chocolate frosting and mix with your hands until it is fully incorporated.
5. Get a teaspoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball and lay it on parchment paper. Continue until all of mixture is used.
6. In a small bowl melt one cup of peanut butter in the microwave until liquid. I usually heat for 5 seconds and stir and then repeat until it is smooth.
7. Place the melted peanut butter in a piping bag or one end of a zip-lock back and pipe it on to the truffles.
8. Allow the peanut butter to cool and harden and then serve.